Error refreshing web query in Microsoft Excel
I'm trying to refresh the data on a web query, but I'm getting an error message saying that it returns no data. How do I fix that?
Unfortunately, the underlying technology Microsoft used to implement that is opaque to use and they don't give a specification for how to write to it to make it work. For that reason, we can no longer support the web query approach. For now, you'll have to copy and paste. We implemented a better approach in Systemize, but it's not something we're able to do in JobTracker.
Previously it was a Microsoft browser security setting. Even if you normally use another browser, you have to change settings in Internet Explorer to get past this error. Excel uses a special version of Internet Explorer under the covers, so you need to change these settings in IE. The steps below may still work for some users depending on your Windows version.
You can try to add your Moraware JobTracker link to the trusted sites in Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer (even if you normally use another browser)
- Click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Now click on Trusted sites and then click on the sites button.
- Enter https://*.moraware.net and click on Add.
- When you are finished, click on Close. Then, OK.
- Finally, reboot your computer, and you should be able to use the Excel import feature
You might also need to change the security level of trusted sites to no more than Medium, if it's on Medium-High or higher.