Step 8: Using Job Views
Sometimes it's useful to look at a list of your Jobs rather than a Calendar View. You can have different Job Views that filter and display different information depending on what you're trying to accomplish.
- Go to Jobs on the main JobTracker menu and choose View Jobs.
- Notice that this View is sorted by the Creation Date column. You can re-sort this view any time by clicking on any column heading.
- The sun icon indicates Activities that are scheduled for Today. If you see a moon and stars icon, that Activity was scheduled for a date in the past but was never marked complete. If you know the Activity was completed, you can click on the date and choose Change Status to mark it Complete.
- Click the Views button to choose another Saved View. Select the Unconfirmed Installs View. This view is a sort of "To Do List" for you if you want to call customers in advance to confirm the Install date and time. In this example, I would call Erin Quinn - notice the phone numbers are displayed right in this view - and if she confirms, I would change the Status from Estimate to Confirmed.
- Notice that once I changed the Status to Confirmed, the Erin Quinn Job is no longer listed in this View - because this view was created to display only Unconfirmed Installs.
You might assign one person in your company to look at the Unconfirmed Installs and the Unconfirmed Templates views every day, and to try to bring the list to zero each day.