Ensure all Attached Files are included in Activity Packet
Files can be attached at four different places:
- CounterGo Quote (note: CounterGo is separate from JobTracker, but CounterGo Quotes convert to Jobs)
- Legacy JobTracker Quotes
When a file is attached, it forever retains the association of where it was attached. For example, a file attached to a CounterGo Quote will be visible/viewable under the resulting Job, but that attachment will always remain a CounterGo file attachment.
This is critical to understand when setting up Printable Activity Packets that include file attachments.
- Calendar::Edit Settings::Activity Packets
- Create or Edit an Activity Packet
- Click Add and select Attached PDF File... (or Attached Image File...)
- Specify the location where the file was attached
- Repeat adding a new Packet Item for each remaining Type of Attached File in the list. This will ensure the file is included, regardless of where it was attached to a Job/Quote.
Tips & Hints
- When looking at a list of Attached Files on a Job, you can tell where the file was attached based on the Quote Name and CG Quote Name columns. A file with a value in Quote Name was attached to a legacy JobTracker quote, a CG Quote Name value indicates it was attached in CounterGo. If neither column is populated, the file was attached directly to the Job.
- Add an additional way to verify a file was attached directly to a Job, click the <file name> and look for the Delete menu item. Only files attached directly to a Job can be deleted on the Job Detail page. Files attached to a CounterGo Quote can only be deleted via CounterGo.