Drawing Non-Standard Backsplashes
Scenarios that call for drawing a backsplash manually (instead of the built-in backsplash feature) include:
- Using a different material for backsplash than the countertop material
- Applying a different edge type to backsplash than the countertop edge
- Gap/split in backsplash for window or range hood
- Need to put a backsplash on an edge that is comprised of a bumpout.
- NOTE: this solution can also be used to draw a waterfall edge.
- Draw countertop and apply curves/bumpouts normally.
- On Step 3, set the edge type where the splash is to be located to Unfinished.
- Return to Step 1, manually draw a rectangular countertop that reflects the splash. Note: draw two sections with the proper dimensions, if the splash contains a gap/split.
- optional. If the splash is a different material, on Step 5, create a new area named backsplash. Add the splash to that area by clicking on it in the small picture in the backsplash area. Then select the splash material.
- optional. Add a text label on the drawing to highlight the splash, gap, etc.