Change unit cost for a single serial number
Inventory Edition only
Can I change the unit cost for just one serial number when it was received as part of a larger order? AND I want to keep the original serial number.
Yes, but it's a bit awkward
Let's say you have a PO that looks like this:
To change the unit cost for just one serial number, you first have to delete it, make a new serial number, and then rename it
- Make a note of the serial number you want to change (14782)
- Delete the PO Receipt for the serial number you want to change by clicking on the Received Qty and choosing Delete
- Click on the Ordered Qty, then Edit, then reduce the number ordered
- Add a new PO line with the desired unit cost
- Receive the PO line with appropriate batch number, etc.
- Edit the resulting serial number, and manually change the serial number to your note in step 1