Mark Quote 'closed' / View only 'open' Quotes
CounterGo does not inherently track Quotes as open or closed. Rather than enforcing a single status mechanism on all customers, CounterGo offers greater flexibility in handling Quote status through Custom Fields. With a Custom Field, it's possible to create a set of status choices such as ("Sold", "Declined"), ("Pending", "Won", "Lost"), etc.
Once a Custom Field is defined for the Quote status, a View can be created displaying Quotes of a certain status. An example is a View of all Quotes marked as "Won". The result of the View can be exported to Excel for additional reporting, analysis, and charting.
- Create Quote Custom Field
- Go to Quote>Edit Settings and click Custom Fields.
- Click New Quote Custom Field button.
- In the Name field, type 'Quote Open/Closed' (or another name of your choosing).
Note: the name of the field can be anything 'Status', 'Won/Lost', etc.
- Set the Data Type to List of values. Type 'Open' and 'Closed' (on separate lines) in the list of values. Uncheck Sort values alphabetically and Click OK.
- Mark a Quote as open/closed
- Go to Quote>View Quotes. Click on an existing Quote that you want to mark 'Closed' and choose View Quote. Quote Open/Closed now appears in the Quote Details.
- Click Edit Quote Info... button.
- Set Quote Open/Closed to Closed. Click OK.
- Filter the Quote View
- Go to Quote>View Quotes
- Click Options... button to add a Filter to the View.
- Click Add Filter... button.
- Set Filter Type to (CG) Quote Field and choose Quote Open/Closed from the list. Select Is and check (None) and Open. Click OK.
The Quote marked as 'Closed' will no longer be listed in the View.
- To save the View:
- Click Save View button and name the saved View.
- To allow other Users in your company to also use this View, select Shared View Name and type Only Open Quotes. Check Make this my default view if desired. Click OK.