Quote Special-Order Colors
Material colors that are NOT in a Price List can still be priced on a Quote.
This is useful for quoting material colors not normally stocked or ones being special ordered for a customer.
Enable Allow Other Color feature for a Price List. (this is a one time setting)
- Go to Price List::View Price Lists menu
- Click on the name of a Price List (i.e. Retail) and choose Edit Price List 'Retail'
- Click Update Multiple Items button at top of the Price List.
- Click Set Allow Other Color
- Check the box Allow Other Color
Set Other Color on a specific Quote
- Go to Step 5 on a Quote and choose a Product.
- Select “Other Color” (the last item) in the Color drop down.
- Enter a name and price for the material and whether the price is for the entire slab or just the area of the countertop.
- Quoting a color via Other Color does NOT add the color to your price list. To permanently add a color, it must be added to a Price List.
- Material specified via Other Color allows you to set and edit the price via Step 5 only. Since the price is set on Step 5, it isn't editable on Step 6.
Example of editing price of Other Color: