Track Leads separate from Sold Jobs
How can we keep our leads separate from sold jobs?
If you have Standard Edition or Inventory Edition, you can create a process.
Add an auto-number custom field to your jobs. Here's how: http://help.moraware.com/article/306-create-a-sales-leads-process
If you are a legacy Basic Edition customer, a custom field is the best way to identify leads vs. jobs.
For Basic Edition, you can create a job custom field that you can use to filter your job view. Here's how:
- Under the Job menu, select Edit Settings...
- On the left, choose go to the section for Custom Fields
- Click the button for New JobCustom Field...
- In the Name field, type in Lead
- In the Data Type choose List of Values
- In the List of Values box type in Yes
- Click OK
Your new field will appear in the Job Info section of each Job.
- Go to Job > View Jobs or use Search to find one of your leads
- Double-click on the job name to edit the job
- Click on the Edit Job Info... button
- In the drop-down list next to Lead, select Yes
To separate your leads from your jobs on the Job page:
- Go to Job > View Jobs
- Click on the Options button
- Click on the Add Filter button
- Filter Type is Job Field
- Select the field Lead from the drop down list and then select the value "Yes"
- Click OK and then click OK again to return to the Jobs page
- Click on the Save View button and type in Leads for the name and then click OK
Repeat the steps above to create a view of just jobs by selecting the value "none" instead of "Yes"