I want to: Track Conversion from a Lead to a Job
We're using a Process for tracking our leads. Is there a way to report on when our leads are turning into jobs?
There's not a built-in way to track the date that you created a job from a lead (or other process), but you can add an additional activity to use for this. Here's how:
- Go to the Job menu, and choose Edit Settings
- In the section for Activity Types, click the button for New Activity Type...
- Give the new activity a name like Sold Job, click OK
- Click on the new activity you just created, and choose Edit Activity 'Sold Job'...
- Change the Sequence (where in the list of activities it appears) and color
- In the Status section, choose Complete. This will give the activity a status of complete and today's date as soon as it is created.
- Click OK
- Go to the Templates section
- Make sure this new activity is part of the Template you use when you convert a Lead to a Job.
Now, when you turn a lead into a job and choose the appropriate template, this new activity will be part of the Job. Since the status is complete, and there is a date, you can create reports to track when the leads were turned into jobs.