Edit Purchase Product Settings
Inventory Edition only
To update settings for a Purchase Product:
- Select Purchasing > Edit Purchase Products menu.
- In the Product column, double-click the Product Name (e.g. Corian or Granite).
- Name - Changing the product name will update all records including purchase orders, material allocations and inventory.
- Product Line - the product line can be changed at anytime.
- Unit of Measure - can only be changed if the product has not been used in a purchase order, material allocation or inventory.
- Taxable - indicates the product should be taxed.
- Track Inventory - determines if the product appears on the inventory page.
- Track Serial Numbers - required in order to track remnants and view inventory cost.
- Print Labels - determines if the option to print labels is available for this product.
- Inactive - makes the product inactive -- prevents the product from being available on Purchase Orders and when allocating material.