Modify Default Search Results
The default search results format can be changed for Accounts, Jobs and Quotes. For customers with JobTracker Inventory Edition, search results can be modified for Purchase Orders and Serialized Inventory.
This is particularly useful if you want to include a field like Job Number in all search results.
It's possible to change the default search results format for all users or just for specific users.
- Select Search... menu and perform a search to get to the search results page
- Click Options...
- Scroll to the type of desired category of data and click Select Fields... button
- Add fields (including Custom Fields) by clicking a field in the left column. Remove fields by clicking X in the right column. Reorder the fields by dragging and dropping them in the right column.
- Click Save View... to save the modified search results as a Shared View with a unique name. Check Make this my default view.
- (optional) For other users to use the new view as their default search results, that user must click the Views button and click the [Make Default] link. NOTE: for any user that doesn't have a default chosen, Standard View will be used - if you overwrite Standard View, you will effectively change the default for most users.