Add Purchase Order Custom Fields
Inventory Edition only
Track additional information for purchase orders by creating custom fields. For example, a custom field could be created for contact name. The custom field displays in the Purchase Order Info section and on the purchase order form.
Warning: Deleting a custom field is permanent and any information entered in that field will also be permanently deleted.
- Select Purchasing > Edit Settings menu.
- In the Purchase Order Custom Fields section, click New PO Custom Field... button.
- Enter a name and select one of the following data types:
- Auto-number - automatically assigns the next sequential number. Optionally, assign a number to all existing POs or just new POs -- use the checkbox to indicate whether values should be generated for existing POs. If you change the data type of an existing custom field to auto-number, you have the option of assigning a number to all existing fields that are blank. Fields with existing values will remain unchanged.
- Currency - use for fields you may want to summarize on reports, only numbers are allowed. The field will print with a currency symbol and 2 decimal places.
- Date - ensures a valid date is entered and supports reporting based on dates.
- Link - use for a hyperlink to a website, or the location of a file or folder on your network. For a website, use the complete address such as http://www.moraware.com. For a folder on your local network use the format \\machinename\sharefile\foldername.
NOTE: The names cannot contain any spaces. Local network links aren't supported by Mozilla Firefox. Use Internet Explorer instead.
- List of values - use when you want to define the values for a field.
- Multi-line text - use for long data entry fields such as notes.
- Number - use for fields you may want to summarize on reports, only numbers are allowed.
- Text - use for data entry fields up to 80 characters.
- The new field will appear in the Purchase Order Info section of the Purchase Order Detail page.
- To enter a value for the field, click Edit PO Info... button
- (optional) To display the new custom field on the PO page:
- Select Purchasing > View Purchase Orders menu.
- Click Options...
- Click Select Fields... button and select the fields to display. Drag & drop the fields to change order.
- To save this view of the PO page, click Save View... type a name and click OK.
- (optional) To display the new custom field on a printed PO:
- Go to PO > Edit Settings.
- Double-click the Form Template name.
- Click the form where the field should appear and select Insert Field...
- Select PO Info as the data type and then click and select the new custom field.