Add Supplier Custom Field
Inventory Edition only
Track additional information for suppliers by creating custom fields. For example, you could create a field to link to the supplier's website or a field to track supplier type such as quartz or tile. Your new field will display in the Supplier Info section of the Supplier Detail page. If you delete a custom field, any information that had been entered for that field will also be deleted.
- Go to Purchasing > Edit Settings.
- In the Supplier Custom Fields section, click on the New Supplier Custom Field... button.
- Enter a name and select one of the following data types:
- Auto-number - use to automatically assign the next sequential number. Use the checkbox to indicate whether values should be generated for existing suppliers. You have the option of assigning a number to all existing suppliers or just new suppliers. If you change the data type of an existing custom field to auto-number, you have the option of assigning a number to all existing fields that are blank. Fields with existing values will remain unchanged.
- Currency - use for fields you may want to summarize on reports, only valid numbers are allowed. The field will print with a currency symbol and 2 decimal places.
- Date - use to ensure a valid date is entered and to allow reporting based on dates.
- Link - use for a hyperlink to a website, or the location of a file or folder on your network. For a website, use the complete address such as http://www.moraware.com. For a folder on your local network use the format \\machinename\sharefile\foldername.
NOTE: The names cannot contain any spaces. Local network links aren't supported by Mozilla Firefox. Use Internet Explorer instead.
- List of values - use when you want to define the values for a field such as supplier type.
- Multi-line text - use for long data entry fields such as notes.
- Number - use for fields you may want to summarize on reports, only valid numbers are allowed.
- Text - use for data entry fields up to 80 characters.