Create Purchase Order Form
Inventory Edition only
PO printable forms are where you customize the header, footer, and PO information fields that will print on your POs. You may create multiple forms with different headers and footers. To view your form, click the Printable View... button on the Purchase Order Detail page and select the desired format.
- Start with a blank form or copy an existing form.
- Add fields.
- Fine tune the format.
- Print the form.
- Go to Purchasing > Edit Settings menu.
- Click New Printable Form... button OR copy an existing Form Template, by clicking the form template name and selecting Duplicate Form Template...
- Add fields to the form by clicking the form and selecting from the Data Type below:
- PO Info - Print fields from your database from the PO and supplier. After selecting this data type you will be presented with a drop-down list of fields to choose from.
- Job Info - Print fields from jobs related to the PO. After selecting this data type you will be presented with a drop-down list of fields to choose from.
- Static Text - allows you to type in any text you want to appear on the form.
- Separator - for section headers to make the form more readable.
- Static Image - attach a file with the image you want to display. The image file must have an extension of .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png
- Modify the Format
- Move a field by clicking on it and dragging it to a new location. Display multiple fields on a single row by clicking on a field and dragging it to the left or right of another field until you see .
- Click the Edit Form Info... buttonto change the form width and set default values for borders, label position, font, text color and background color
- Double-click on a field to change the style settings or 'hide field when blank'. Click Edit Fields... button to make style changes to multiple fields
- Select which Address lines are included by editing the field and clicking Configure...
- Add a logo to the header by clicking on the form and selecting Edit Header... Click to the right of Logo and select <New Logo File>. Navigate to the logo file and click OK. The logo file must have an extension of .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png.
- Delete a field by clicking on it and selecting Delete. Click Delete Fields... button to delete multiple fields.
- Click the bottom of the form and select Edit Footer.... Type in the desired text for the footer. The default is to print the footer at the bottom of the page. To print the footer immediately following the last line of the PO, click Edit Form Info... and deselect Bottom Align Footer.
- The default is to show costs. To hide costs click Edit Form Info... to deselect the Display Cost check-box.
- Print the form
- Go to Purchasing > View Purchase Orders.
- Double-click the PO number.
- Click the Printable View... button and select the PO form and file type. PDF is fastest and has the best formatting.