Create a Sales Lead Process
JobTracker Jobs are a Process. You can create additional Processes to track multiple sets of activities within your business independently. A Process is most commonly used to track sales activities separate from production, like Sales Lead. This lets you keep what happens during the sale separate from what happens in the Job. Here's a blog post explaining how one customer uses this feature.
- Once a new Process is created, a new menu item will appear for that Process on the JobTracker menu.
- Activities, Forms, and Fields can be created and associated with that Process. For instance, a 'Sales Lead' process could contain the Activities: 'Sales Call' and 'E-mail', or a custom Field such as 'Lead Source'.
- A new Sales Lead is created in the same manner a new Job is added.
- When a Sales Lead becomes a Job, a single button click converts the Lead to a Job and keeps previous Sales Lead Activities, Forms, and Fields within the Job.
- Security access for a Process is shared with Job security settings. A User with access to edit Activities in Jobs can also edit Activities in Leads.
Note: Job-related Reports may need to be modified to exclude the newly defined Process.
For more on creating Lead Views, Forms, or Fields see Related Articles below.
CREATE A NEW PROCESS
- Select Job > Edit Settings > Processes.
- Click the New Process button and enter a name.
- To change the sequence, the order it appears on the menu, click on the name of the new Process then Re-Order Processes.
- Once the new Process is created it will appear in the top JobTracker menu.
ADD ACTIVITIES TO THE PROCESS
- Click Activity Types tab.
- Click on the Sales Lead button.
- To add a new Activity Type click the New Activity Type button. The Activities you add should be the activities that you do as a part of your sales process.
- To assign existing Activity Types to the process, select the All button and click No in the Process Column and select Add 'Activity Name' to the 'Process Sales Lead' to change that to Yes.
ADD NEW FORMS OR ASSIGN EXISTING FORMS TO THE PROCESS
- Click Forms on the left-hand column.
- To add a new form, click New Form button.
- To assign existing Forms to the Process, click on No in the Process column and select Add 'Form name' to the 'Process Name'.
CREATE A TEMPLATE FOR THE PROCESS
- Click Templates button.
- Click the Process tab, e.g. 'SalesLead'.
- Click New Template button and enter a name.
- Click the Select button to the right of Activity Types and select the desired Activities.
- Click Select to the right of Forms and select any Forms to add if necessary.