Inactivate a Custom Field
In this article
Using JobTracker over time, it may become apparent that some Custom Fields end up not being used. To remove the custom field from a Job Detail or Account page without losing historical information entered in these fields, make them inactive instead of deleting them. Making a field or value inactive will prevent it from showing up on new records, but will still display them on previous records, if a value was entered.
Inactivate Custom Fields
- Go to where the custom field exists: Account>Edit Settings for Account fields or Job>Edit Settings for Job fields.
- Click the custom field name and select Edit 'field name'
- Check the Inactive check box
Inactivate Custom Field Values
- Go to where the custom field exists: Account::Edit Settings, Job::Edit Settings, etc.
- Click the field name and select Edit List of values
- Double-click the value to edit and check the Inactive check box