Reset/Change your password
In this article
There are two ways to change your own password: via the Admin > Change Password menu when logged in or via the Forgot your password? link on the login screen when logged out.
Step-by-step: Admin menu (logged in)
Note: If the Change Password menu item is not available, the Cannot Change Password setting is enabled on your account. Only an administrator can reset your password if that setting is enabled.
- Select Admin > Change Password... menu
- Old Password: enter the current password
- New Password: enter the desired new password
- Confirm Password: confirm the new password (to avoid possible typos)
Step-by-step: Forgot password (logged out)
Note: If the Forgot your password? link is not available, either there is no email address assigned or the Cannot Change Password setting is enabled on your account. Only an administrator can reset your password in either situation.
- Go to the login screen. Click Forgot your password? link
- Enter User Name and Email. A link will be sent to your email to reset your password. Follow the emailed instructions.
Hint: if you don't receive the email within 10 minutes, check your Spam folder.