Start over with a product in Inventory
For a variety of different reasons, fabricators occasionally want to "start over" with a product in Inventory.
If you make a product Inactive, you will no longer be able to select that product on a Purchase Order or Allocate any existing material to Job, but you will still see all the material that was already received (and not consumed) in your Inventory - unless you uncheck Track Inventory.
- Go to Purchasing > Edit Purchase Products and select the material you want to "reset".
- Rename the product (e.g., Marble - OLD).
- Assign to a family of Inactive Products. (This step just makes it easier to see what's important and what isn't when you're working in your Purchase Products.)
- Uncheck Track Inventory.
- Check Inactive.
- Now you can recreate the product. You can use the attributes that you used previously, or you can create new attributes.
- PO history will still be intact, but the product name will be changed.