Export data to MS Excel
In this article
Requires MS Excel 2003 or newer
Data can by copied & pasted from a JobTracker or CounterGo table into MS Excel, however exporting the data provides better formatting since it does not include icons and links.
- Create a View or Report showing the information to be exported into Excel.
* For instructions on creating Views or Reports, see Related Articles at the bottom of this article.
- Click the Options... button, set Rows per page to at least the total number of rows in View / Report.
- Open MS Excel
- In Excel 2003, go to Data::Import External Data::New Web Query
- In Excel 2007, go to Data::From Web
- This opens a mini web browser. In the Address bar, enter the link to JobTracker/CounterGo, log in and navigate to the desired View or Report.
* Alternatively copy & paste the URL from JobTracker/CounterGo using CTRL+C / CTRL+V.
- Click the yellow arrow pointing to the table you want to import. It will turn into a green checkmark.
- Click Import and click OK
- Once exported, data can be sorted, charted, edited and saved like any other spreadsheet.
- The resulting spreadsheet can be used as input to a mail merge in MS Word or other program.