Create a Sales Lead Process
Use a Process to track multiple sets of activities within your business independently. A Process is most commonly used to track the sales process separate from production. (e.g. Sales Leads vs. Job)
- When a new process is created, a new menu item will appear for that process on the JobTracker menu:
- Activities, forms and custom fields can be created and associated with that process, specifically. For instance, a 'Sales Lead' process could contain the activities: 'Sales Call' and 'E-mail', plus a custom field: 'Lead Source'.
- A new lead is created in the same manner a new job is added.
- When a Sales Lead becomes a Job, a single button click converts the Lead to a Job. Once a Job, you can access the full history, including previous Sales Lead activities, forms and custom fields.
- Process security access is shared with Job security access. A user with access to edit activities on jobs can also edit activities in leads.
Note: Job related Reports may need to be modified to exclude the newly defined Process.
- Create a new Process
1. Select Job::Edit Settings menu
2. Click Processes tab
3. Click the New Process... button and enter a name (e.g. 'Sales Lead')
4. (optional) Double-click on Sales Lead to change the sequence (order it appears on the menu)
- Add activities to the process
1. Click Activity Types tab
2. Click on the Sales Lead (or name of your process) button
- To add a new Activity Type click the New Activity Type... button. These should be the activities that you do as a part of your sales process.
- To assign existing Activity Types to the process, select the All button and click No in the Process Column and select Add 'Activity Name' to the 'Process Name' menu:
3. (optional) Add new forms or assign existing forms to the process:
1. Click Forms on the left-hand column
- To add a new form, click New Form... button. (More on Creating a Job Form)
- To assign existing forms to the process, click on No in the Process column and select Add 'Form name' to the 'Process Name' menu.
4. Create a Template of the default activities and forms for the process:
1. Click Templates button
2. Click the Process (e.g. 'Lead') tab
3. Click New Template... button and enter a name (e.g. Standard Lead)
4. Click Select... button to the right of Activity Types and select the desired activities
5. (optional) Click Select... to the right of Forms and select the desired form(s)
5. (optional) Add new custom fields or assign existing custom fields to the process
- Click Custom Fields tab and select New Sales Lead Custom Field (More on Creating Custom Fields)
More reading ...
Here's a blog post explaining how one customer uses this feature.