Create Job Custom Fields
Job Custom Fields allow tracking of additional information for each Job. For example, a 'Region' Custom Field can track where a Job is located. The new field is displayed in the Job Info section of the Job Detail page for all new and existing jobs. A Custom Field can also be displayed on the Calendar or Jobs View.
Note: Information that does not apply to all jobs or information that may have multiple values per job should be stored using Form Fields instead. (see Related Articles)
Warning: Deleting a custom field permanently deletes any information entered for that field on all Jobs.
- Select Job::Edit Settings menu
- In the Job Custom Fields section, click the New Job Custom Field... button
- Enter a name and select one of these data types:
- Auto-number - automatically assigns the next sequential number. Use the checkbox to indicate whether values should be generated for existing jobs. You have the option of assigning a number to all existing jobs or just new jobs. If you change the data type of an existing custom field to auto-number, you have the option of assigning a number to all existing fields that are blank. Fields with existing values will remain unchanged.
- Currency - use for fields you may want to summarize on the calendar or reports, only numbers are allowed. The field will print with a currency symbol and 2 decimal places.
- Date - use to ensure a valid date is entered and allow reporting based on dates
- Link - use for a hyperlink to a website, or the location of a file or folder on your network. For a website, use the complete address such as http://www.moraware.com. For a folder on your local network use the format \\machinename\sharefile\foldername.
NOTE: The names cannot contain any spaces. Local network links aren't supported by Mozilla Firefox. Use Internet Explorer instead.
- List of values - use when you want to define the values for a field such as regions or job types
- Multi-line text - use for long data entry fields such as notes
- Number - use for fields you may want to summarize on the calendar or reports, only numbers are allowed
- Separator - use to create section dividers on the Job Detail page when there are many custom fields.
- Text - use for data entry fields up to 80 characters
- (optional) To display the new custom field on a Calendar or Jobs View:
- Select either menu:
- Job::View Jobs
- Calendar::View Calendar
- Click Options... button
- Click the Select Fields... button and select the fields to display. Drag & drop fields to change order.
- (optional) To save this view click Save View... button, type a name and click OK.
- (optional) If the Custom Field has a data type of "List of Values" or "Date", you can also use it to add a filter.
- (optional) If the Custom Field has a data type of "Number" or "Currency", you can display the daily total on the Calendar.
- Select either menu:
- (optional) To display a Job Custom Field on a Job Form:
- Go to Job::Edit Settings
- Click the Forms button
- Double-click on the Form Template name
- Click on the form where you'd like the field to appear and select Insert Field...
- Select Job Info as the data type, click and select a Job Custom Field