Create Job Custom Fields
Job Custom Fields allow tracking of additional information for each Job. For example, a 'Region' Custom Field can track where a Job is located. The new field is displayed in the Job Info section of the Job Detail page for all new and existing jobs. A Custom Field can also be displayed on the Calendar or Jobs View.
Note: Information that does not apply to all jobs or information that may have multiple values per job should be stored using Form Fields instead. (see Related Articles)
Warning: Deleting a custom field permanently deletes any information entered for that field on all Jobs.
- Select Job::Edit Settings menu
- In the Job Custom Fields section, click the New Job Custom Field... button
- Enter a name and select one of these data types:
- Auto-number - automatically assigns the next sequential number. Use the checkbox to indicate whether values should be generated for existing jobs. You have the option of assigning a number to all existing jobs or just new jobs. If you change the data type of an existing custom field to auto-number, you have the option of assigning a number to all existing fields that are blank. Fields with existing values will remain unchanged.
- Currency - use for fields you may want to summarize on the calendar or reports, only numbers are allowed. The field will print with a currency symbol and 2 decimal places.
- Date - use to ensure a valid date is entered and allow reporting based on dates
- Link - use for a hyperlink to a website, or the location of a file or folder on your network. For a website, use the complete address such as http://www.moraware.com. For a folder on your local network use the format \\machinename\sharefile\foldername.
NOTE: The names cannot contain any spaces. Local network links are no longer fully supported by most browsers (you have to right click on them, copy the link and then open in a file explorer window).
- List of values - use when you want to define the values for a field such as regions or job types
- Multi-line text - use for long data entry fields such as notes
- Number - use for fields you may want to summarize on the calendar or reports, only numbers are allowed
- Separator - use to create section dividers on the Job Detail page when there are many custom fields.
- Text - use for data entry fields up to 80 characters
- (optional) To display the new custom field on a Calendar or Jobs View:
- Select either menu:
- Job::View Jobs
- Calendar::View Calendar
- Click Options... button
- Click the Select Fields... button and select the fields to display. Drag & drop fields to change order.
- (optional) To save this view click Save View... button, type a name and click OK.
- (optional) If the Custom Field has a data type of "List of Values" or "Date", you can also use it to add a filter.
- (optional) If the Custom Field has a data type of "Number" or "Currency", you can display the daily total on the Calendar.
- Select either menu:
- (optional) To display a Job Custom Field on a Job Form:
- Go to Job::Edit Settings
- Click the Forms button
- Double-click on the Form Template name
- Click on the form where you'd like the field to appear and select Insert Field...
- Select Job Info as the data type, click and select a Job Custom Field