Taking a Screenshot
Sometimes it is useful to capture exactly what is showing on the computer screen either to print or to email to support. A screenshot captures the screen as an image.
Usually you can just hit PrtScn and paste into an email, but taking a screenshot varies by Operating System:
- Windows 10: Windows 10 Screen Capture instructions
- Windows 8: Windows 8 Screen Capture instructions
- Windows 8 (partial screenshot): Partial Screen Capture with Snipping Tool
- Windows 7: Windows 7 Screen Capture Instructions
- Windows Vista: Windows Vista Screen Capture Instructions
- Mac OS X: A few ways to Capture Screen on a Mac
You can even just take a picture of the screen with your cell phone and send that! It's usually good enough for our purposes.